Circle Cannabis Consumption Site
Circle is pleased to welcome FOUR20 for our first-ever cannabis consumption site on the carnival ground. Our entire team is committed to ensuring a healthy, positive and safe event experience for all our attendees, staff, volunteers and artists.
The Circle Cannabis Consumption area is located in the southeast area of the carnival grounds. The site will be open on both days during the following hours:
- Friday: 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
FOUR20 will be onsite to provide free education to festival-goers who want to learn more about cannabis and safe consumption.
A friendly reminder to all our attendees, performers, artists, vendors, food trucks, volunteers and staff that Circle is a smoke-free event. To smoke, please go to the cannabis consumption site and designated smoking area.
Rules to Remember:
- The federal Cannabis Act states that adults can possess up to 30 grams of cannabis in a public place. Attendees permitted to bring bringing Cannabis to Circle, however are asked to follow all municipal, provincial and federal laws surrounding legalized marijuana. For more information please the City Of Calgary Bylaws.
- You must be 18 years of age and older to enter the Cannabis Consumption Site. Please remember to bring your ID when coming to Circle. You will not be permitted into the area without proper identification.
- Guests who have medical requirements are requested to only carry their daily needs with authorized proof.
- Edibles are still considered illegal in Canada and therefore not permitted on the grounds or in the consumption area.
- Alcohol is not be permitted in the cannabis consumption area.
Rules for staff, volunteers, performers, food trucks, vendors and workers:
- You are expected to arrive sober for your shift.
- You are expected to remain sober for the duration of your shift. If you become in anyway intoxicated you will be asked to leave the festival grounds.
If anyone encounters an individual in medical distress or is unresponsive as a result of consuming, alcohol, cannabis or any other substances, please find a member of our security team or volunteer team or Carnival Care team who will call First Aid to assist.